Specific objectives of the center include:
- The publication of tier one refereed journal papers in the area of technology transfer to developing nations;
- Offer technology transfer consulting services to managers and policy maker in developing nations;
- Mentor graduate students to produce high caliber journal and conference papers in the technology transfer stream of research;
- Run technology transfer-related summer research institutes for undergraduate students;
- Conduct international research travel experiences for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Host one workshop per year in Baton Rouge and one workshop per year at a chosen developing nation to disseminate research findings.